Job Title: Business Administrator
Location: Office based (currently Euston, London)
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £20-24k per annum depending on experience
Reporting to: Member Engagement Manager
About the Chartered College of Teaching
The aim of the Chartered College of Teaching is to improve the quality of education for children and young people. We support teachers, champion great teaching and raise the status of the profession so that teachers are working in the most effective, informed way to provide the best possible education for children and young people now, and in the future.
As the Business Administrator, you will be responsible for delivering high quality customer service for the Chartered College of Teaching’s members and administration for the membership team. You will be part of a small, enthusiastic and committed team that is passionate about delivering highly effective sales, marketing, engagement and retention strategies. Day-to-day, you will be the primary point of contact for our current and potential members.
- Providing excellent customer service to potential and existing members by managing our membership inbox and telephone line
- Managing all queries and cases to ensure that they are responded to professionally and within 5 working days
- Pursuing opportunities for membership and supporting the membership team in securing sales on the telephone and email
- Ensuring that member data is accurate and regularly importing and manipulating data sets in excel
- Presenting, formatting and analysing data in a variety of ways that supports the membership team
- Inputting data into the College’s Salesforce CRM system and ensuring colleagues in the organisation are doing so in the right way. You’ll be our ‘go to’ person for all sales and member data
- Developing and updating our existing user guides documenting key CRM processes
- Liaising with the College’s membership card service provider accurately and in a timely data manner to ensure that member welcome packs and cards are received swiftly
- Supporting our Fellowship admissions process by working with the Head of Membership to assign applications for review in line with our quality assurance policy and using our marketing software, Dotdigital to admit Fellows
- Supporting membership renewals and conversion by working with the Member Engagement Manager to process renewals and support in the delivery of conversion campaigns
- Gathering and manipulating member data to support our annual elections as well as liaising with our elections provider
- Arranging and participating in meetings, including the fortnightly office meeting, and other activities as required
- Attending and participating in CPD learning activities and training to maintain and develop your knowledge and skills
- Performing other activities as and when required in order to support the wider team achieve our membership targets
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent work experience that demonstrates equivalent ability to analyse information and data
- Experience of delivering high quality customer service in an external facing role where you understand the importance of future and current customers
- Experience or willing to learn the use of Salesforce
- Intermediate/advanced skills in MS Excel, with the ability to execute formulas and analyse large amounts of data
- Knowledge of GDPR and how it relates to the storage, retention and use of personal data
- Customer focused, you’ll understand how important our future and current members are and want to deliver world class service
- Target driven who loves to meet a stretching goal and will enjoy chasing potential sales and renewals of memberships
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with impeccable phone manner
- Highly effective organisational skills, with ability to manage a varied workload
- Calm and resilient, with ability to work well under pressure
- Adopts a professional and responsible approach
- Sound analytical skills, with the ability to work with large volumes of data
The Chartered College of Teaching offers several core benefits to all employees, in recognition of the dedication of our employees:
- Pension: The Chartered College offers a competitive 8.5% employer contribution to the NEST pension scheme.
- Annual leave: The Chartered College of Teaching offers a generous holiday allowance of 28 days (pro-rated for part-time staff) in addition to the normal bank and public holidays.
- Flexible working: Flexible working may include but is not limited to: working from home, flexible working hours (e.g. hours different to the 9am-5pm standard contract hours), compressed hours and part-time working.
- Travel: The Chartered College of Teaching offers an interest free loan for a season ticket.
- Cycle to work scheme: The Chartered College of Teaching provides a tax efficient way to purchase a bicycle.
- Training and Development: The Chartered College of Teaching encourages all employees to engage in professional development to support development needs.
If you have any queries, please contact the hiring manager, Alexandra Tanner [email protected]
We are inviting candidates to interview on a rolling basis, and the position will be filled as soon a well-qualified person has been found. Therefore, we strongly recommend you apply without delay. Cover letters are mandatory, any applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
For a full job details and further information please see https://chartered.college/job-opportunities